2.20 - Quando un cerotto non basta

Band-aid covers the bullet hole

« Older   Newer »

1. SatineLG

User deleted

As doctors, patients are always telling us how they'd do our jobs. Just stitch me up, slap a band-aid on it and send me home. It's easy to suggest a quick solution, when you don't know much about the problem or you don't understand the underlying cause or just how deep the wound is. The first step toward a real cure is to know exactly what the disease is to begin with. But that's not what people want to hear. We're supposed to forget the past that led us here, ignore the future complications that might arise and go for the quick fix.

As doctors, as friends, as human beings, we all try to do the best we can. But the world is full of unexpected twists and turns. And just when you've gotten the lay of the land, the ground underneath you shifts. And knocks you off your feet. If you're lucky, you'll end up with nothing more than a flesh wound, something a band-aid will cover. But, some wounds are deeper than they first appear and require more than just a quick fix. With some wounds, you have to rip off the band-aid, let them breathe, and give them time to heal.

Hai medici i pazienti dicino sempre come dovrebbero fare il loro lavoro.
    "Mi metta un punto, mi applichi un cerotto e mi mandi a casa"
    E' facile suggerire una soluzione rapida quando non conosci bene il problema, quando non capisci il motivo che lo provoca o non sai quant'è profonda la ferita.
    Il primo passo verso la completa guarigione è sapere esattamente di quale malattia si soffre, ma non è quello che la gente vuole sentire.
    Dovremmo dimenticare il passato che ci ha condotti a questo punto, ignorare le complicazioni che potrebbero sorgere in futuro e cercare un rimedio veloce.

Come medici, come amici, come esseri umani, cerchiamo di fare il meglio che possiamo, ma la vita è piena di curve e capovolgimenti e quando credi di aver imparato a conoscere il territorio ti viene a mancare la terra sotto i piedi e perdi l'equilibrio.
    Se sei fortunato te la cavi solo con qualche graffio, qualcosa per cui basta un cerotto, ma alcune ferite sono più profonde di quello che sembrano e non basta un semplice cerotto. Per quelle ferite devi strapparlo via il cerotto, lasciarle respirare e dare loro il tempo di guarire.

Edited by McMarty - 7/12/2008, 13:34

2. blair999

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Per quelle ferite devi strapparlo via il cerotto, lasciarle respirare e dare loro il tempo di guarire.

bellaa! cmq il cerotto spero sia Hello Kitty!

1 replies since 3/9/2006, 13:22   811 views