11.17 - Con o senza te

« Older   Newer »

1. McMarty

Group
    I'm the Chief

Status
    There’s this thing I used to do when I was a kid to my mom’s VCR. I’d take it apart piece by piece, then put it back together again. But inevitably, there was always a piece or two left over. Something I didn’t quite know what to do with. So, what do you do with that piece? Do you try to fit it back in? Do you try to make it work? Or do you decide you can live without that missing piece?

When we go without certain things for long enough, it's easy to forget just how much we need them. We forget what we had once. We forget what it's like to live with a thing not that we need, but that we want. That's why it's so important for us to remind ourselves, for us to remember. Just because we can live without something, it doesn't mean we have to.

Da piccola facevo una cosa con il videoregistratore di mia madre: lo smontavo pezzo per pezzo, poi lo rimettevo assieme. Ma inevitabilmente uno o due pezzi rimanevano fuori. E io non sapevo che farne. Che ne fai di quel pezzo in più? Provi a risistemarlo? Provi a farlo rifunzionare? O decidi che puoi vivere senza il pezzo mancante?

Quando stiamo per un po' di tempo senza certe cose è facile dimenticare quanto ne abbiamo bisogno. Dimentichiamo ciò che avevamo una volta. Dimentichiamo com'è vivere con una cosa di cui non abbiamo bisogno ma che vogliamo. Ecco perchè è importante per noi ricordarlo, tenerlo a mente. Anche se possiamo fare a meno di qualcosa, non vuol dire che dobbiamo per forza farne a meno.

Edited by McMarty - 7/5/2015, 19:47

1 replies since 27/3/2015, 17:13   1501 views