2.08 - Lascia che sia

Let It Be

« Older   Newer »

1. SatineLG

User deleted

In the eighth grade my english class had to read Romeo and Juliet. Then for extra credit, Mrs. Snyder made us act out all the parts. Sal Scafarillo was Romeo. As fate would have it, I was Juliet… all the other girls were jealous, but I had a slightly different take. I told Mrs. Snyder that Juliet was an idiot. For starters she falls for the one guy she knows she can’t have, then she blames fate for her own bad decision. Mrs. Snyder explained to me that when fate comes into play choice sometimes goes out the window. At the ripe old age of 13 I was very clear that love like life is about making choices. And fate has nothing to do with it. . Everyone thinks it’s so romantic, Romeo and Juliet, true love, how sad. If Juliet was stupid enough to fall for the enemy, drink the bottle of poison, and go to sleep in a mausoleum, she deserved whatever she got.
    Maybe Romeo and Juliet were fated to be together, but just for a while, and then their time passed. If they could have known that beforehand, maybe it all would have been okay. I told Mrs. Snyder that when I was grown up, I'd take fate into my own hands. I wouldn't let some guy drag me down. Mrs. Snyder said that I'd be lucky if I ever had that kind of passion with someone, and that if I did, we'd be together forever. Even now, I believe that for the most part, love is about choices. It's about putting down the poison and the dagger and making your own happy ending...most of the time. And that sometimes, despite all your best choices and all your best intentions... fate wins anyway.

A scuola un giorno,durante una lezione leggemmo Giulietta e Romeo. Per migliorare i nostri voti la professoressa Snyder ci fece interpretare i vari ruoli. Sel Scafarillo fece Romeo e il destino volle che io fossi Giulietta. Le mie compagne erano tutte gelose ma io la vedevo in modo diverso.
    Dissi alla Snyder che Giulietta era un idiota. Innanzitutto si era innamorata dell'unico uomo che non poteva avere, dopodiché diede la colpa al destino per una decisione che era soltanto sua.
    La professoressa Snyder mi spiegò che quando entra in gioco il destino spesso non siamo più noi a scegliere.
    Alla veneranda età di tredici anni mi era già estremamente chiaro che in amore, come nella vita, tutto è frutto delle nostre decisioni. ..E il destino non centra assolutamente nulla!
    Tutti trovano Giulietta e Romeo estremamente romantico. Il vero amore. Che tristezza.
    Se Giulietta è stata così stupida da innamorarsi del nemico, bersi una bottiglia di veleno e adagiarsi in un sepolcro..bè ha avuto ciò che si meritava.
    La professoressa disse che sarei stata fortunata se avessi vussuto una passione del genere con qualcuno,e che se fosse successo saremmo stati insieme per sempre.
    Anche adesso credo che per la maggior parte l'amore sia fatto di scelte. Bisogna posare veleno e pugnale e crearsi il proprio lieto fine, la maggior parte delle volte.
    E che a volte nonostante le migliori scelte, tutte le migliori intenzioni il destino vince comunque.

Edited by McMarty - 7/12/2008, 13:31

16 replies since 18/7/2006, 21:59   741 views